Widdecombe Terror Probe
Counterterrorism police have taken over the Ann Widdecombe murder investigation.
34
Articles
21
Sources
9%
Analysis & opinion
The reporting
British counterterrorism police took over the investigation into the killing of former Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe after new information emerged, and a 28-year-old man already held on suspicion of murder was rearrested on suspicion of terrorism offenses. Widdecombe, 78, was found dead Thursday at her home in Haytor, Devon, with serious head injuries. Police said they believe she was attacked Wednesday. A 26-year-old man arrested earlier in Newton Abbot was released without charge and is no longer part of the investigation.
Day 4
Latest update · Jul 14Counterterrorism police have taken over the investigation into Ann Widdecombe’s killing and rearrested the 28-year-old man already in custody on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism. Widdecombe, a 78-year-old former MP and Reform UK figure, was found dead with serious injuries at her home in Haytor, Devon, at 11:40 BST on Thursday, and investigators believe she was attacked nearly 24 hours earlier. Devon and Cornwall Police had initially said the case was not believed to be terrorism-related before new information shifted the inquiry.
Analysis & opinion
The commentary is scattered.
weigh in — but each argues its own distinct claim, so no shared angle emerged. The other report the story straight.
Get tomorrow's edition
Every side, every morning — free in your inbox.


