Trump To Unveil $5 Billion Gaza Pledges

Trump said Board of Peace members pledged more than $5 billion and thousands of personnel, with formal announcements set for a Feb. 19, 2026 meeting in Washington, D.C.

Overview

A summary of the key points of this story verified across multiple sources.

1.

President Donald Trump said Board of Peace members have pledged more than $5 billion and thousands of personnel, and that the commitments will be formally announced on Feb. 19, 2026, in Washington, D.C.

2.

The board was formed after an Oct. 10 U.S.-brokered ceasefire intended to halt a more-than-two-year war between Israel and Hamas and aims to oversee Gaza stabilization and reconstruction.

3.

Indonesia’s military said up to 8,000 troops could be ready by the end of June for a potential deployment, while critics have called the board 'a vanity project' and some allies declined invitations.

4.

The United Nations, World Bank and European Union estimate Gaza reconstruction will cost $70 billion, and officials say the board has more than 20 member states and about two dozen founding members.

5.

The Feb. 19, 2026 meeting will be held at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace, where members will announce pledges, discuss plans and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is not expected to attend.

Written using shared reports from
13 sources
.
Report issue

Analysis

Compare how each side frames the story — including which facts they emphasize or leave out.

Center-leaning sources frame the story skeptically, using editorial choices (wording, source selection, structure) — not quoted source content — to emphasize gaps and controversies about Trump's Board of Peace: lack of detail on pledged donors, the $5B pledge contrasted with a $70B reconstruction estimate, allies' reluctance, and litigation over the Institute of Peace.

Sources (13)

Compare how different news outlets are covering this story.

FAQ

Dig deeper on this story with frequently asked questions.

The Board of Peace is an international organization chaired by President Trump, formed after a U.S.-brokered ceasefire to oversee Gaza's stabilization, reconstruction, governance, and development as part of a 20-point peace plan.

The pledges of over $5 billion and thousands of personnel will be formally announced on February 19, 2026, at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C.

The UN, World Bank, and EU estimate Gaza reconstruction will cost $70 billion, while the Board of Peace pledges exceed $5 billion so far.

The board has over 20 member states and two dozen founding members, including Indonesia offering up to 8,000 troops; Israel will be represented by Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar, but Netanyahu is not expected to attend.

Critics have called it 'a vanity project,' some allies declined invitations, and there are concerns about Hamas disarmament, Israeli occupation, and the need for a new political regime before reconstruction.

History

See how this story has evolved over time.